We use Sienna X which is a paraben free fake tan that uses lots of natural ingredients to look after your skin and make a great tan. I used 8%, but we go as low as 6% and as high as 12%; so there is a tan there for everyone.
As a newbie I found it a little scary, but if as the boss I can stand naked (apart from paper knickers) in front of my lovely beauty therapists, then I promise you that you can!
Preparation Day Before
– Do all your hair removal the day before – either come to us for waxing (leg, arms, bikini, chin, upper lip, brows etc) or shaving
– Exfoliate and moisturise the night before (we can do the scrub on the day if you prefer)
Preparation On The Day
– Then on the morning of the tan have a shower to wash off the moisturiser
– Don’t spray yourself with perfume
– Don’t put on makeup, or take it off before you come
– Don’t put on deodorant (I put a little on)
– Wear lose clothing – like yoga pants, flip-flops or sandals and strapless bra’s
– Go for a pee beforehand!
– Bring your phone if you would like to listen to something for 5 mins afterwards while you dry
– You’ll get an attractive pair of paper knickers to change into, and some things to stick on the soles of your feet, and a lovely shower cap to protect your hair (ears out – even more attractive!).
– They’ll pop some barrier cream on your feet, elbows and hands. I don’t need much barrier cream as it works really well on me – this is something that we’ll know more about after your first tan.
– The girls will tell you where to stand. But my tip is to be aware of skin touching skin, holding your bottom up a little, bending your knees a little, and making sure your elbows have a smooth shape
– It’s a little chilly when they spray you, but not awful!
– Then they’ll blow you with warm air to help the drying process – I like this bit!
– Then they’ll suggest you wait 5 mins before putting your clothes and jewellery back on
– Take the opportunity to check there are no white bits – the girls can always wipe a little extra tan on if they missed a bit
– Watch yourself get browner by the minute!
– Try not to get wet – e.g. don’t have a hair cut afterwards, or do the washing up (great excuse!!)
– Leave it on overnight (don’t wash your face) and wear long PJ’s and a top with sleeves (or expect a few brown patches)
– Shower in the morning, pat dry your body and moisturise lots over the next few days
– Don’t use body scrubs
– It lasts between 5-7 days
What if you can’t be bothered to wait the day?
Guess what, we have a new tan we are trialling called ‘Tonights the Night’! It get’s washed off after 3hrs (one of our beauty therapists tried leaving it on overnight and we can promise you that this is NOT a good idea!).
Please let us know if there are any tips you would like to see added to this ‘Spray Tan For Beginners Guide’.