I didn’t start going to Festivals until I had my children – I decided I’d better start then, or I would never go! (I have a secret plan, that by taking them now, they will take me to Glastonbury when they are teenagers; we’ll have to see if that one works out!).
If you are unsure on where to start, then just look locally for 1 day festivals initially; Folk by the Oak is lovely (20th July). There are a couple of festival websites for families: Festivals for all and Festival Kidz. Many festivals have ‘glamping’ options as well, so that you can take your first visit more easily, and have everything set up for you. There are lots more tips here on camping and festivals.
Here are some tips on how to ‘Look Festival’!
1) Clothes that adapt to all weathers!
The problem is that the weather changes all day long, so you literally have to take a whole wardrobe.
– Take wellies and flip flops, make sure they are fun and bling (amazon is packed with festival wellies)
– Have a colourful pack a mac! These are light enough to put on and off.
– Leggings under a skirt work perfectly – you can take them off if it gets warm
– Scarves/Paschmina’s are a light way to add some warmth when needed
– Have lots of light layers e.g. a vest top, floaty shirt and hoodie
– If you are brave enough to wear wings and a tutu, of course that is a bonus 😉
– Remember your sun tan lotion – try to find one like the Arbonne range that have as few chemicals as possible. Think of sun tan lotion as the ‘new clothes’ – something you never go out without.
2) Wet Wipes Rule
The big question is how to keep clean for 3 days and the answer is WET WIPES! If you are lucky there might be showers, but they maybe pretty grim by the end of the festival. Wet wipes will get you through the weekend in pretty good order. (But be careful – just because they are for babies, doesn’t mean that they are free of nasty chemicals – make sure you get natural ones).
For best result, have a few beauty treatments that mean you don’t need much makeup:
– Spray tans will keep your skin glowing and mean you don’t need lots of foundation
– Eyebrow and eyelash tint mean you don’t need mascara
– If you tend to wash your hair frequently, then get our Unite dry shampoo (you put it on straight after the first wash and then each morning).
– Otherwise buy some of the Unite Beach Day styling product, and go for that ‘Festival hair’ look
3) Hands and Feet
With the potential for flip flops, you definitely need those feet seeing to!
– We sell a great Arbonne cooling foot cream at the salon if you like to ‘do it yourself’, otherwise a pedicure is a lovely treat
– If your feet and ankles tend to swell, then try the Arbonne Body Gelee
– Try gels on your toes as well as your hands, to make sure that they last the whole weekend
– Remember to add some bling! We have a gorgeous range of nail art
The most important thing is to remember that it’s about building lovely memories, so don’t let nerves hold you back.
Go out there and HAVE FUN!